Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Lesson From A Dream

I was dreaming.
I saw myself, standing there, in front of an antique massive mirror.
I said,
I don't need someone to be the best part of my life
So, if one day they leave, I won't cry.
Also, I don't want to be the best part of someone's life
So, if I eventually leave, I don't make someone cries.
Then I saw someone, but somehow I couldn't see his face.
Yet, I might sense something familiar from his presence.
Expected, but still shocking, he spoke :

Is that so?
I hesitated for a while, then I replied,
I'm content with what I have and how I live for now.
But, isn't it what is called selfish ?
It struck my mind.
What's about being selfish stuff? It's obviously fair!

It's not. Think about it, you just keep your prior outer feeling and logic.
Anyway, isn't it yourself, only yourself, whom you can fully trust?

Or even so, isn't it yourself that you truly have?
Let's just stop this talking, alright?
You know it's true.
You're really easy for me to read.
What is it? Can he actually read mind?
Then, you should understand.
I had my best part and it ended.
Being the best part, the I got dumped.
I have changed and can never return!
My tears nearly fell.
His voice was still calm.
Why don't you try starting a new life of yours?
Life goes on, then you can't hide forever.
I didn't know how,  but his words encouraged me.
Still,
I know, but I just have no interest, even the slightest one.
It's my life anyway, I am the one who will go through everything, what I feel, what I do.
And it all has nothing to do with you.
I understand indeed.
But, isn't it just ... pathetic?"
It's none of your business !
You're just a stranger who's accidentally passing by, after all.
You don't even recognize me, eh?
Somehow the shadow disappeared, I could see his face.
I am yourself.
I come to deliver a message from the heart that you've abandoned for some times.
And I did.
~ A Lesson From A Dream ~

No comments:

Post a Comment